Successful woman-owned small commercial printing company in the heart of downtown Baltimore’s business district seeks a detail-oriented, flexible Full-Time Production Associate to join our close-knit team. Known for over 40 years as the premier printer in Baltimore City, we at Curry Printing pride ourselves on our top-notch employees, investing time, energy and resources to create a fun, productive and satisfying workplace.
Were you mistreated by an employer during the pandemic? Did you get laid off, furloughed, and then asked back again, with changes in your work schedule? None of that happened to the team members here at Curry Printing. We had a sales slowdown, but we did not lay off, furlough, or cut the hours, pay, or benefits of a single employee here. We are committed hard workers who show up every day for our clients and for each other.
If you are looking for a job with a small, local company that truly cares about its employees, you should read on.
Here’s what you will be responsible for:
- Running digital presses and copiers: 5%
- Operating digital bindery equipment as well as other post-production operations: 30%
- Proofreading client projects: 5%
- Managing and checking digital files: 5%
- Answering phones: 5%
- Serving walk-in customers: 5%
- Quality control to ensure that every job we send out to clients is perfect; packing up print jobs: 20%
- Packing up jobs, shipping and scheduling of messenger deliveries: 10%
- Using Print Management software for quoting, job tracking, and paperwork: 5%
- Making walking deliveries to local clients in downtown Baltimore (when safe): 5%
- General shop appearance/upkeep: 5%
- Solving unexpected issues and challenges: all day, every day!
- Maintaining a clean and well-organized work area
- You should have prior experience working in a print shop or related field.
- You must have a warm, pleasant demeanor and the ability to build friendly rapport with all types of people.
- You should have at least one year of experience working in a customer-facing role and be able to demonstrate your commitment to a positive customer experience in the face of challenges.
- You must be an excellent proofreader, the type of person who will notice tiny spelling or grammatical errors that everyone else missed. Does it drive you up the wall when you notice typos in published works? This could be a great fit! Copy editing or proofreading experience is a plus.
- You maintain your composure and keep a smile on your face even when priorities change, or frustrations arise.
- You are a true team player: someone who works best in a group, believes that we are better together, and brings positivity to the work environment daily, leaving complaints at the door.
- You must be intelligent, hard-working and a creative problem-solver to fit in with our culture.
- You must be someone who can step up and take responsibility, no finger-pointing.
- You need to be amiable and unflappable…we work in a high-pressure and fast turn-time environment, so for everyone to keep their sanity, you’ve got to have an easy-going demeanor.
- You must be loyal; in a small company, we are like family to one another and having each other’s backs is crucial.
- You must be a clear and precise communicator.
- This job requires being on your feet for most of the day. You must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- No slackers, please! We are a small, hardworking team and we value initiative and personal responsibility.
Benefits/What we offer:
- Excellent work-life balance. Leave your work at work and leave your personal life at home.
- Predictable hours and stability – we’ve been around a long time.
- Generous comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan and profit sharing; professional development and education benefits.
- “Sandwich Thursdays” – company-provided lunch every week.
- Casual dress code – jeans every day.
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Pay range: $16-20 per hour depending upon prior experience.
Candidates must be able to work Monday-Friday, 8:30am – 5pm. This is NOT a remote position; we need someone to work these hours in our office in downtown Baltimore every day.
Our company operates using EOS/Traction, a system with simple tools to help us all be 100% on the same page on where we are going and how we will get there, to be more accountable and disciplined, and to be healthy as a functional and cohesive team.
We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service, meeting impossible deadlines and having a fantastic support team with tremendous knowledge in all aspects of graphic design, printing, promotional items, signage, and mailing. Work in a fast-paced environment that encourages creativity, appreciates constructive feedback, and is committed to developing professionals!
How to apply:
Submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org