Are you looking for a hands-on Marketing Internship that will set you up for success? Curry Printing, a woman-owned small commercial printing company in the heart of downtown Baltimore’s business district, seeks a motivated Marketing Intern with strong communication and critical thinking skills to join our close-knit team.
This is a paid, part-time internship position, working between 10-20 hours each week during our hours of operation (Monday – Friday, 8:30 am – 5 pm). We are flexible with scheduling to accommodate your classes and other commitments.
Known for over 40 years as the premier printer in Baltimore City, we at Curry Printing pride ourselves on our top-notch employees, investing time, energy and resources to create a fun, productive and satisfying workplace. Interested? Contact us…we might be a good fit for you.
Here’s what you will be responsible for:
- Prospecting research to support sales staff, which includes identifying and qualifying companies for each sales representative to contact, compiling executive summaries and mailing out letters on behalf of sales staff
- Relationship-building with our online community using Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and other social media accounts; increasing our following on these platforms through engagement and quality content
- Assisting in the creation of print and email campaigns
- Mailing list management
- Creating and assisting with proofing of marketing collateral
- Writing the Curry Intern blog
- Helping to brainstorm new marketing initiative
Who are we looking for?
- Current or rising Junior pursuing Marketing, Communications, or related major
- Prepared to work in a fast-paced environment and able to work with autonomy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with knowledge of leading social media platforms and Microsoft Office suite; Adobe CS experience is a plus
- Planning to pursue a career in Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, or Communications after graduation
- Driven, ambitious, and eager to learn from hands-on experience
- Acts with a sense of urgency
- A competent problem-solver who can find information, think creatively, and stay positive about challenges
Submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to apply today!
Successful woman-owned small commercial printing company in the heart of downtown Baltimore’s business district seeks a full-time Production and Delivery Associate to join our close-knit team.
The job entails:
· Hands-on print production work including binding, folding, shrink-wrapping, and other finishing functions: 40%
· Quality control to ensure that every job we send out to clients is perfect and exceeds their expectations; packing up print jobs: 25%
· Making walking deliveries to local clients in downtown Baltimore: 25%
· Helping with walk-in customers: 10%
· We have very high standards for the work we send to our clients. Given that we are printers, successful applicants will need to have good spelling, grammar, reading comprehension, and communication skills.
· You don’t need to have a car or a driver’s license, nor do you need any print industry experience, although it’s a plus.
· We prefer someone with a thick skin and a sense of humor who can roll with the punches. We promise to meet impossible deadlines for our clients, so if you get cranky under deadline pressure, this isn’t the right job for you.
· You need above-average attention to detail to succeed here. Our clients depend on it!
· Able to work 8:30am-5pm, Monday-Friday. No extra hours without advance notice, no evening work, and no weekend work.
· This job requires being on your feet for most of the day. You must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
What we offer:
· Excellent work-life balance. Leave your work at work and leave your personal life at home.
· Predictable hours and stability – we’ve been around a long time.
· Generous comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan; professional development and education benefits.
· “Sandwich Thursdays” – company-provided lunch every week.
· Casual dress code – jeans every day.
How to apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Please note that we cannot consider resumes submitted without a cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.00 to $14.00 /hour
- Baltimore, MD 21201 (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Why work at our print shop?
Work should be challenging, rewarding, and fun. That’s what we believe at Curry Printing anyway.
If you agree, we’d love to have you join our team. We’re always on the lookout for talented, creative, and motivated people who are interested in helping customers and building a successful brand.
Our co-workers are bright, personable, optimistic, creative, and detail-oriented. We provide a pleasant, supportive atmosphere and corporate culture that encourages each co-worker to develop his or her individual potential to the fullest. We continually seek out those with extraordinary skills, attitudes and work ethics.
We also boast a high retention rate among our co-workers.
Here are a few reasons why:
Our print shop has a proven track record of success.
Our product—printing—is an essential element to the success of almost every business.
We have ongoing employment, training, and advancement opportunities, along with competitive compensation programs and a friendly, supportive working atmosphere.
Open-minded management is always looking for ideas and ways to do things better.