Successful woman-owned small commercial printing company in the heart of downtown Baltimore’s business district seeks a management level Human Resources Generalist to join our close-knit team. Known for over 40 years as the premier printer in Baltimore City, we at Curry Printing pride ourselves on our top-notch employees, investing time, energy and resources to create a fun, productive and satisfying workplace. We are proud of our dedication to employee wellbeing, and this spring we were thrilled to be honored as a Baltimore Business Journal Best Places to Work finalist.
Are you tired of being just a disposable number, a cog in the wheel in the corporate slog? See how the other half lives in Small Business USA! Don’t like something at work? Change it! Have a cool idea? Implement it! Want to make a difference in your coworkers’ lives, in your company, in your community? Do it! Desire to be heard by the owner? You will be working side by side every day, so just speak up! Don’t have that opportunity at your current job? Contact us…we might be a good fit for you.
Here’s what you’ll be responsible for as our entire HR department:
- Recruiting and hiring: writing and placing ads, prescreening resumes, phone and in person interviews, compensation issues, offer letters, onboarding, new hire reporting
- Employee relations: coaching, counseling, team building, fun stuff, discipline protocol when necessary, evaluations
- Training: designing training regimens for all positions, adjusting as needed over time, setting schedules
- Compliance & documentation: maintaining personnel files, handling unemployment issues, ensuring office meets OSHA safety standards, running periodic safety trainings
- Benefits: handling all benefits-related tasks such as identifying and interviewing insurance vendors, analyzing plans, making recommendations to the owner about changes in benefits, dealing with insurance questions and changes from employees, serving as liaison with benefits brokers and advisors, assisting with 401K and profit sharing tasks, and working with our PTO program
Who are we looking for?
- You have experience with most of the above functions for at least 3 years
- You are self-directed, able to manage yourself and your own time. You can find new information, independently research topics and their context in our industry, develop recommendations, and present them to leadership
- You’re a peacemaker, always working behind the scenes in ways others don’t see to help team members see eye-to-eye and increase collaboration
- You know when to be brutally honest and when to use your discretion if confronted by a sensitive situation
- You act with a sense of urgency. You don’t look around for someone else to take charge – you jump in and ask questions.
- You are a competent problem-solver. You figure out creative solutions and stay positive about challenges.
- You Take Care Of Business every day. Challenging goals aren’t stressful for you, they’re exciting!
- No slackers, please! We are a small, hardworking team and we value initiative and personal responsibility.
- You notice the small details. Grammar and spelling mistakes = catastrophe.
- Please, if you don’t have a sense of humor, you can stop reading here.
- This is not a remote job; that said, we can be somewhat flexible for periodic remote work days
- Our hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm, and this position has a bit of flexibility around those hours
- This is a full-time job, unless you have a compelling reason to want to make it part-time
- Do you need a college degree to work here? If you are smart and well-read, with solid experience, not necessarily
- You should have the normal computer skills that any functioning adult in a business environment would have
- This position reports directly to the owner, and in turn, has no direct reports
- Salary depends on your experience. We will pay whatever we need for the right person
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Health insurance fully paid by company for each employee
- Vision/Dental/Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K & Profit Sharing Plan
- Sandwich Thursdays
- Employee Assistance Program
- Continuing Education
- Work/life balance
- Jeans every day!
We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service, meeting impossible deadlines and having a fantastic support team with tremendous knowledge in all aspects of graphic design, printing, promotional items, signage, and mailing. Work in a fast-paced environment that encourages creativity, appreciates constructive feedback, and is committed to developing professionals!
- Bonus Pay
We have increased cleaning and sanitation, installed a sneeze guard at the front desk, provide hand sanitizer, and encourage (but do not require) the use of masks and social distancing. We have stayed open as an Essential Business.
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)
- Baltimore, MD 21201 (Required)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- Stable — traditional, stable, strong processes
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Email title should be ‘HR application – your last name’
Why work at our print shop?
Work should be challenging, rewarding, and fun. That’s what we believe at Curry Printing anyway.
If you agree, we’d love to have you join our team. We’re always on the lookout for talented, creative, and motivated people who are interested in helping customers and building a successful brand.
Our co-workers are bright, personable, optimistic, creative, and detail-oriented. We provide a pleasant, supportive atmosphere and corporate culture that encourages each co-worker to develop his or her individual potential to the fullest. We continually seek out those with extraordinary skills, attitudes and work ethics.
We also boast a high retention rate among our co-workers.
Here are a few reasons why:
Our print shop has a proven track record of success.
Our product—printing—is an essential element to the success of almost every business.
We have ongoing employment, training, and advancement opportunities, along with competitive compensation programs and a friendly, supportive working atmosphere.
Open-minded management is always looking for ideas and ways to do things better.
A 2020 BBJ’s Best Places to Work Finalist for great benefits and environment!
Questions? Don’t be afraid to reach out