Successful woman-owned small commercial printing company in the heart of downtown Baltimore’s business district seeks a full-time Production Associate to join our close-knit team. Known for over 40 years as the premier printer in Baltimore City, we at Curry Printing pride ourselves on our top-notch employees, investing time, energy and resources to create a fun, productive and satisfying workplace.
Are you tired of being just a disposable number, a cog in the wheel in the corporate slog? See how the other half lives in Small Business USA! Don’t like something at work? Change it! Have a cool idea? Implement it! Want to make a difference in your coworkers’ lives, in your company, in your community? Do it! Desire to be heard by the owner? You will be working side by side every day, so just speak up! Don’t have that opportunity at your current job? Contact us… we might be a good fit for you.
The job entails:
- Operating digital copiers and presses: 10%
- Hands-on post print production work including binding, folding, shrink-wrapping, and other finishing functions: 35%
- Quality control to ensure that every job we send out to clients is perfect; packing up print jobs: 25%
- Making walking deliveries to local clients in downtown Baltimore: 10%
- Working with our print and job management software: 5%
- Helping with walk-in customers: 10%
- General shop appearance/upkeep: 5%
- We have very high standards for the work we send to our clients. Given that we are printers, successful applicants will need to have good spelling, grammar, reading comprehension, and communication skills.
- You don’t need to have a car or a driver’s license, college degree, nor do you need any print industry experience, although it’s a plus.
- We prefer someone with a thick skin and a sense of humor who can roll with the punches. We promise to meet impossible deadlines for our clients, so if you get cranky under deadline pressure, this isn’t the right job for you.
- You need above-average attention to detail to succeed here. Our clients depend on it!
- Able to work 8:30am-5pm, Monday-Friday. No extra hours without advance notice, no evening work, and no weekend work.
- This job requires being on your feet for most of the day. You must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- You act with a sense of urgency. You don’t look around for someone else to take charge – you jump in and ask questions.
- You are a competent problem-solver. You figure out creative solutions and stay positive about challenges.
- You Take Care Of Business every day. Challenging goals aren’t stressful for you, they’re exciting!
- No slackers, please! We are a small, hardworking team and we value initiative and personal responsibility.
- Please, if you don’t have a sense of humor, you can stop reading here.
Benefits/What we offer:
- Excellent work-life balance. Leave your work at work and leave your personal life at home.
- Predictable hours and stability – we’ve been around a long time.
- Generous comprehensive benefits including medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance; 401(k) retirement plan and profit sharing; professional development and education benefits.
- “Sandwich Thursdays” – company-provided lunch every week.
- Casual dress code – jeans every day.
- Paid time off
- Paid holidays
- Company Paid Parking
- Pay range: $15-20 per hour depending upon prior experience
We pride ourselves on providing exceptional customer service, meeting impossible deadlines and having a fantastic support team with tremendous knowledge in all aspects of graphic design, printing, promotional items, signage, and mailing. Work in a fast-paced environment that encourages creativity, appreciates constructive feedback, and is committed to developing professionals!
How to apply:
Submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Why work at our print shop?
Work should be challenging, rewarding, and fun. That’s what we believe at Curry Printing anyway.
If you agree, we’d love to have you join our team. We’re always on the lookout for talented, creative, and motivated people who are interested in helping customers and building a successful brand.
Our co-workers are bright, personable, optimistic, creative, and detail-oriented. We provide a pleasant, supportive atmosphere and corporate culture that encourages each co-worker to develop his or her individual potential to the fullest. We continually seek out those with extraordinary skills, attitudes and work ethics.
We also boast a high retention rate among our co-workers.
Here are a few reasons why:
Our print shop has a proven track record of success.
Our product—printing—is an essential element to the success of almost every business.
We have ongoing employment, training, and advancement opportunities, along with competitive compensation programs and a friendly, supportive working atmosphere.
Open-minded management is always looking for ideas and ways to do things better.
A 2020 BBJ’s Best Places to Work Finalist for great benefits and environment!
Questions? Don’t be afraid to reach out